Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Countless Sayings - LOVE

Today's cards were made with my other favorite designer papers from the 2014 Occasions Catalog - Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper.


I cut one of the 12 x 12 designer paper into six 4" x 5.25" pieces.  I used two on these cards.  On the pink card, I used strawberry slush card stock for the base card.  The flowers were punched with the petite petals punch using designer paper and strawberry slush card stock.  The sentiments on both cards are from Countless Sayings 1 Photopolymer Stamp Set and stamped with black StazOn ink.  I used various size rhinestones on the flowers and sentiment.  Final touch is the silver baker's twine and voila! a bright and sparkly card.


For the second card, I was going for a masculine card but I couldn't resist adding the tiny red blings and the bow on the twine.  I stamped the sentiment using black StazOn ink.  I was happy with the "industrial" look but somehow it wasn't enough.  I started looking for my long lost white marker pen and lo and behold I found it along with the missing blender pens!  Happy dance!!!  I "colored" the sentiment with the white marker and it "popped" right out of the card.  Another happy dance!!!


I'm quite pleased with these cards even though my efforts to go for a masculine card turned out to be girly again.  What would you have done differently?

Thanks for joining me today.  Now that I found my white marker pen, I can't wait to play with it some more.  Stay tuned for my spring floral cards.

Cheers!!!


irene


P.S.  All supplies used were from Stampin'Up.  You can find all the supplies I used, that are not linked above, HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment