Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

A Round Array

Hello everyone!!  I'm finally back after an extended Spring Break.  I wanted to do simple cards using the new A Round Array stamp set and die cut designer papers from the Print Poetry Designer Paper Stack.  Using the Top Note Bigz die, I cut several pieces of patterned paper and group them into two coordinating sets.  I cut one die cut into two pieces and mix and match the patterns. Below are two of the mixed patterned paper die cuts I put together which will be the starting point of my cards.

   

I stamped the sentiment and two medallions, using the A Round Array stamp set, with raspberry ripple ink on vanilla card stock.  I punched the three stamped images with the 7/8" scallop circle punch.  I also punched, from blank vanilla card stock, additional scallop circles to layer with the stamped scallop circles so I can make "faux" buttons.  I stacked four scallop circles with the stamped one on top to form a "faux" button and sponged raspberry ripple ink all around.  Using my crop-a-dile, I punched two holes on the medallions so I can tie the linen thread.

 

I used raspberry ripple card stock for my card base.  I dry embossed a 4" x 5.25" vanilla panel using the Fancy Fan Folder.  I used one of the mixed paper pattern die cut and centered it on the panel and added the "faux" buttons  in a straight line down the middle of the die cut.  Update:  I added the crumb cake ribbon because the first card looked flat!


The other card was made with midnight muse card stock.  I dry embossed a piece of baja breeze card stock using the Woodgrain embossing folder.  I centered the die cut mixed patterned paper and tied the linen thread in the middle.  I stamped the medallions and sentiment with daffodil delight ink and punch with 1/2" circle punch.  I also punched coordinating patterned paper with the 7/8" scallop circle and used dimensionals to attached the stamped images.  How simple is that?  I love that floral patterned paper!


I only used a couple of the images on the A Round Array stamp set.  Here's the full set.


That's all for today.  I'll finish the other mixed patterned paper die cut card and share that tomorrow.

Until then..........

Cheers!!!


irene

No comments:

Post a Comment