Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Secret Garden - Mother's Day Card

Today's card is the first of many Mother's Day cards I'm planning to make.  It's simple and relatively easy to put together.  I'm using one more mix patterned paper die cut but this one is matted with a vanilla card stock.  If you want to see the cards made with the other mix patterned paper die cuts click HERE.


I cut a gumball green card stock for my base card.  Then I glued the mix patterned paper die cut in the center and tied the crochet trim Victoria ribbon around the front of the card.  I stamped the sentiment on vanilla card stock with raspberry ripple ink.  I sponged the edges with the same color ink.  So far, quick and easy right?  Now onto the flower ..............


I stamped three flowers from the Secret Garden stamp set on vanilla card stock using Versamark and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Then I die cut the flowers using the coordinating Secret Garden Framelit dies.  I used a blender pen to apply raspberry ripple ink to the three areas of the flowers as shown above.  I fussy cut the two smaller colored flowers and, using dimensionals, I layered  them onto the third die cut flower. Love the 3-D effect!  Here's a close-up.


If you don't like coloring and want to achieve the same look, try heat embossing with white or vanilla embossing powder on a colored card stock of your choice.  Die cut and fussy cut like I did and layer them together.  With colored card stock, you'll get even tones so you might want to sponge additional colors here and there to vary the color intensity and even create shadows.

There you have it.  Now if you're not a fan of fussing cutting, you can just layer multiple die cuts of whole flowers.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Until the next post ................

Cheers!!!

irene


1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Irene. The color combo is great. Nice attention to detail

    ReplyDelete