Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Secret Garden - Mother Day's Day Card

For me, yellow flowers signal warm weather ahead.  Spring is here and right around the corner is summer.  That's what I had in mind when I made today's card, yellow flowers that evoke warm feelings.  It's simple and easy, especially with all the tools available nowadays.


I started with a white card stock for my base card.  The panel is also in white but sponged with daffodil delight ink around the edges.  I stamped several flowers in daffodil delight ink using the Secret Garden stamp set.  Then I brushed Crystal Effects on the surface of the flowers.  I die cut the flowers and leaves with the coordinating Secret Garden Framelits.   I colored clear rhinestones with brown permanent markers and placed them on the center of the flowers.  I had the flowers and leaves cascade from the top left corner of the panel.

I stamped the sentiment in gumball green ink and punched a piece of scrap cherry cobbler card stock using the bitty butterfly punch.  I added pearls to the punched butterfly.  And as a last step, I mounted the panel on the front of the card with dimensionals. 

That's my second Mother's Day card and it won't be the last!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoy my "springy" card.

Cheers!!!

irene

No comments:

Post a Comment