Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Patty's Peppy In Color Challenge

My upline, Patty Bennett, recently posted a color challenge for our team to try out.  I seldom venture from two-color combination so this is fun to try out.  I love Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo together but never really made anything with Calypso Coral.

Color combo-001

This is what I came up with.


I started by die cutting white and calypso coral card stocks using the Hearts A Flutter framelits dies.  Then I stamped the die cuts with images from  Hearts A Flutter stamp set and the flower from Blooming with Kindness stamp set.  The sentiment was stamped with image from Make a Wish stamp set and punched with the Decorative Label punch.

The ribbon is a 3/8" ruffled ribbon in lucky limeade.  I sponged lucky limeade ink around the card and island indigo around the sentiment label.

BONUS Card:  I used the leftover stamped die cuts to make this super simple card.


The base card is Lucky Limeade.  The Calypso Coral panel was dry embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.  The white card stock main panel was die cut with the Top Note Die.  The sentiment is from the Vintage Verses stamp set and was stamped in Island Indigo.  The ribbon is 1/4" satin ribbon in Island Indigo.  The final touch, large rhinestones!

I had fun with this challenge.  Hmmmm, maybe I'll try other challenges out there.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers!!!

irene



SUPPLIES used are all from Stampin'Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment