Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Artisan Embellishments

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I made using the Artisan Embellishments Kit from Stampin' Up's Spring Catalog.  The color combinations for this kit are Crumb Cake, Primrose Petals, Pool Party and Very Vanilla.  I think the embellishments are perfect for vintage cards.  Get ready for a lot of sponging!


The first card was made with vanilla cardstock with all the edges sponged with Soft Suede ink.  Then I layered a piece of 4" x 5.25" First Edition Specialty paper with edges also sponged with Soft Suede ink.  The kit comes with two double-sided tags - white on one side and kraft on the other side.  I used the kraft side of one tag and sponged it with Crumb Cake.  I added the ribbon, the rose and the buttons.  The sentiment is from the Vintage Verses stamp set and was stamped with Primrose Petals ink on a punched vanilla cardstock.  I also sponged the sentiment label with Soft Suede and added the pearl.


The next card was also made with vanilla cardstock sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I sponged the white doily heart with Soft Suede to get the vintage look.  This time I sponged the tag with Primrose Petals on the kraft side.  I added the ribbons, roses, pearls and the love label served as the sentiment.

One last note, the roses in the kit were really light so I sponged them with Regal Rose ink which is a shade lighter than Primrose Petals.


I like how they turned out but the embellishments are so bulky I don't think they're suitable for mailing, definitely hand delivery only.

Thanks for joining me today.  Until the next post...........

Cheers!!!

irene


All supplies used are from Stampin'Up.



No comments:

Post a Comment