Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit

At our January group meeting I won the swap card contest and my prize was the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit Bundle from the Spring Catalog.


I decided to set aside the album and make cards with the kit instead of scrapbook pages.

I really like the double-sided papers in this kit and I thought the layout for triple-time stamping would work well to highlight the papers.  The first card was made using Garden Green card stock and the mixed floral paper.  The sentiment is from Well Scripted stamp set and was stamped with Garden Green ink.  The ribbon is a 1/8 taffeta in Regal Rose.  I hand cut the tiny flowers in the center panel and added rhinestones.


The second card was made with white cardstock and the other floral paper.  The ribbon is the 5/8" crochet trim ribbon.  The center panel is one of the card stock sticker that came with the kit, I just added rhinestones  to the flowers.  Sentiment is the same as the first card.


The next card is my favorite.  A great bouquet of spring flowers!   The card base is Regal Rose card stock.  The sentiment is also from the Well Scripted stamp set.  The Garden Green panel was dry embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.  This time I added pearls instead of rhinestones.  What you can barely see behind the flowers is a double-sided paper die cut with the Top Note die.  The strip of flowers is a card stock sticker from the kit.


The next card was made with Garden Green and Daffodil Delight card stocks.  The sentiment is from the Vintage Verses stamp set and was stamped with Basic Black ink.  Rhinestones were added to the flowers and tag.


This is the messy version of the card above.  The same layout, same color combo and same elements and yet  a very different look.  A plain banner would have been more effective here than the floral banner.  I don't know what I was thinking but when it didn't quite looked right I kept adding flowers!


The next card has quite a few "hidden" mistakes!  I was almost done with this card when I realized that I didn't make room for the sentiment.  I didn't want another layer so I stamped the sentiment in Garden Green ink directly on the stripe green panel.  That was a mistake! The green sentiment was barely readable on the green panel.  I was about to toss the whole thing when it occurred to me to try sponging white ink on the green panel.  I lightly sponged white craft ink all over the panel and more heavily on the sentiment area to cover the green ink.  What do you know, it worked!  I dried the pigment ink with a heat gun and stamped the sentiment again.  Much better result this time.  I added the regal rose ribbon to fill the void and "tie" the sentiment with the elements below.  I think I salvaged this one, I hope.


Six cards, all from the kit.  There's enough leftover materials for a mini accordion album which I will tackle next.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Cheers!!!

irene


ALL supplies used were from Stampin'Up.


2 comments:

  1. I love them ALL! GREAT use of the kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, gorgeous, thanks for the inspiration! Patty Bennett is the absolutely best!! We love her here in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete