Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Simple Stems and Kaleidoscope DSP

Today I'm sharing the card I made for my Luv2Stamp Group's Stamp A Rama on Saturday.  Whenever it's a requirement to make a card that takes under 10 minutes or less to complete, I always stuggle.  For weeks I kept looking at my supplies trying to decide what to make.  Only one thing was certain, I will use the black and white stripe paper from the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper.


I have a lot of smoky slate card stock and it goes well with the black and white paper, so that's a no-brainer. For the focal point, I wanted a striking contrast so I used rich razzleberry.  Tempting turquoise was my other choice but the purple flowers looked better.  I used gumball green for the stems.  Love how it turned out!

The flowers were from Stampin'Up's Simple Stems stamp set  and the sentiment was from Peaceful Petals stamp set.  You can get more details HERE.

Simple Stems          Peaceful Petals

Below is one of the many "rejects".  I didn't have enough pool party baker's twine for twelve cards.


I have  a handful of crafty projects on my desk right now that I need extra downtime from my day job to get them completed!  That reminds me, I need to buy a lottery ticket!  If I win the lottery, I don't need a day job and I can just craft all day long!  Well maybe not all day long, I have to make time for volunteer work and vacation.  Dream BIG!!!  What would you do with 400Mil?

Cheers!!!


irene


No comments:

Post a Comment