Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Card in a Box - Birthday Balloons

Today I'm sharing the card I made for my son's fifteenth birthday.  Up until his 10th birthday, I used to sneak in his bedroom the night before his birthday and fill his room with balloons.  He would wake up with balloons floating everywhere.  A couple of weeks ago he asked me if he was getting balloons on his birthday.  This year though I just got him a balloon bouquet and set them up in the living room with his birthday presents.  He was still surprised and he ate his breakfast surrounded by balloons.  It warms my heart that at fifteen he has fond memories of  his childhood birthdays and still want to have that experience.  That leads us to this card in a box exploding with balloons, I stopped at fifteen balloons and he loves it!


The "happy" banner and the gold and sliver balloons are leftovers from a project I made years ago that I have been saving for just the right card.  They came in real handy for this card.  I die cut scrap card stocks using Papertrey Ink's balloon dies.  The sentiments are from Stampin'Up's Itty Bitty Banners, Really Good Greetings and Yippee Skippee stamp sets.  The patterned papers are from the retired Color Collection Designer Series Paper Stack.


This is a collage I made in MDS, Stampin'Up's digital studio, to memorialize his growth in fifteen years.  I printed it but haven't found a 12 x 12 frame that I like.

I thank you for stopping by today, until next time......

Cheers!!!

irene

No comments:

Post a Comment