Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Swallowtail Card - Triple Time Stamping Technique

I went through a phase where everything I made had butterflies on them.  As a result, I have all kinds of butterfly stamps, dies and punches.  I actually haven't touch any of them in like a year or so.  And then Stampin'Up came up with the Swallowtail stamp in their Spring catalog and I'm hooked all over again.

Last summer a technique called triple time stamping was so popular everyone was doing it.  I wanted to try it but the holidays rolled in so fast I never got around to doing one.  When I saw the Spring catalog preview, I knew the Swallowtail stamp is perfect for this technique (at least for me).

Once I started playing with it I couldn't stop.  These are the two samples I have for today.

The first one is a simple black and white with a pop of red.  I added a gray ribbon, too,


The second one is the triple time stamping technique.  I cut my card stock from memory and it turned out I was way off.  I did mine in a quarter inch increment and it should have been an inch increment.  But it's a "happy" mistake because I was able to highlight a bigger image of the swallowtail.

The correct measurements are on THIS  post.

I stamped the Swallowtail in black craft ink and heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  Then I sponged Summer Starfruit all over the image and border.  Next I sponged Primrose Petal in areas where I want some pink to stand out and blended the two colors together.  Some of the blended colors came out orangy.  The base card and mats are Old Olive card stock.


Stay tuned for more Swallowtail and Triple Time Stamping technique.

Cheers!!!

irene




All supplies used were from Stampin'Up.

Stamps: Swallowtail, Vintage Verses, Perfectly Penned
Card stock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Red Glimmer Paper, Old Olive
Ink:  Black Craft Ink, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petal
Embellishments:  Ribbon, rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment