Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Lotus Blossom

My favorite stamp set from the 2015 Sale-A-Bration catalog is the Lotus Blossom set.   This set is actually a three-step stamp set.  Each of the blossom stamp is numbered and marked to make it easier to line up the three images.


I couldn't wait to try different colors and color combinations.  The first card I made was stamped with only one ink - cherry cobbler.  To achieve the three color variation, I stamped off twice to get the lightest color and stamped off once for the medium shade and the full on color for the darkest shade. Obviously, this technique works better with dark color than light color inks.  The washi tape is from the Stacked with Love Designer Washi Tape collection.



On the next card I used hello honey, daffodil delight and crushed curry inks for the flowers and old olive for the stems.  My preference in using the three colors is to start with the lightest color (#3 stamp), then the medium (#2 stamp) and finally the darkest color (#1 stamp) which, I think is the reverse order.  Based on the numbering on the stamps, I think they were meant to be stamped in numeric order or dark, medium then light. Either way works.  The card base is hello honey and the paper is from Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper.


On the next card I used pink pirouette, strawberry slush and rich razzlebery.  For the stems, I used pistachio pudding and old olive inks.  Pink pirouette is so light you almost don't notice it.


On the last card I used crisp cantaloupe, calypso coral and  tangelo twist inks.  The stems were stamped with pistachio pudding and old olive inks.  Love how this layout turned out.  After I stamped the flowers, I drew a straight line at an angle across the card stock with a pencil which I erased after I finished cutting around the flowers.  You'll see what I mean with the picture below.

 

I mounted the cut panel on a white card stock.  I stamped the sentiment on a scrap white card stock and punched it with the scallop oval punch.  Before adding the sentiment label to the card, I stamped the stems on the punched label making sure they lined up with the main image.


I stopped after fours cards but I want to make more, a blue one perhaps, I just love blue flowers!!! Hope you enjoy my take on the Lotus Blossoms, everyone's favorite set in the 2015 SAB catalog.

Cheers!!!


irene


MY SUPPLY LIST:


No comments:

Post a Comment