Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Inspirational Gift

Today I'm sharing my latest favorite stamp sets from Stampin'Up.

I didn't notice this set of stamps from the current Stampin'Up catalog until recently when I picked up the catalog to make a wish list for my next order.

It opened to page 136 and at the top of the page is a set that includes this "Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, LEAVE THE REST to God" and this "God is Love" with a little heart on the stylized letter d.  I love these verses and immediately decided I will get this set called Trust God.

Another new stamp set in the current catalog that I wanted since June is called Serene Silhouette.  I have seen some gorgeous samples from other stampers and I think the images are perfect with the Trust God set.

I want to use these two sets to make cards for holiday gifts for my son's CCD teachers but for now this set of cards is going to a friend who would truly appreciate the sentiments and meaning of the verses.

When I give a set of cards, I always leave the inside blank so the recipient  has plenty of spaces to write their own messages.  I selected a wide range of colors but kept the layouts similar  on a couple of cards.


This is the first card I made.  Simple almost boring, I am not too crazy about it.  I used a template as a mask for the rectangular focal point and sponged the colors.  


The second card used the same colors and image except this time I used three small rectangular foams to apply the background colors.  I have a lot of white die cut butterflies left over from another project so instead of die cutting more butterflies I sponged the white ones to match my colors.  The card base is Raspberry Ripple so I used the same color ink on the butterflies.


On this card I used the focal point I messed up when I was working on the first card.  I sponged out of the mask so ink was all over my card.  The solution, tear the sides and do a different layout!  The card base is Midnight Muse (blue) and I like it with Summer Starfruit (yellow).  The printed blue panel is from the designer paper stack called Festival of Prints.


On this card I used another image from the Serene Silhouette set.  I stamped the image directly on the printed paper, also from Festival of Print paper stack, with midnight muse ink.  Love that paper, just had to use it.  The rhinestones were colored with navy blue sharpie.


This is the same as the previous card except I used Early Espresso for the card base and added butterflies for embellishments.  Again, I used the white butterflies already die cut and this time colored them with midnight muse ink.  I really like how this one turned out.


This is the clean and simple one.  No sponging!!! I really like midnight muse and summer starfruit together.  Who would have thought I would use so much blue ribbons.  The Stampin'Up promotion in September was free ribbon spool for every forty dollar purchase and that's the only reason I have midnight muse ribbon.  And I found I really like that color.


Here's the group shot!  You always need a group shot.


This is how I packaged them.  A simple clear box with a ribbon and tag.  All six cards and envelopes fit in the box.

All supplies are from Stampin'Up except for the clear box.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment